7th Annual Family Business Forum
Leverage Strategic Thinking to Achieve Your Goals
Join the Family Enterprise Center and your family business peers to learn how to leverage strategic thinking to achieve your family business goals.
While many family firms have strategic plans, those plans often lack a clear expression of an overall competitive strategy that reflects deep strategic thinking. This strategic thinking is critical to achieving ambitious business and family goals, ensuring company profitability, and perpetuating the long-term survival of the business.
This program will help participants begin to identify and commit to an overall competitive strategy. For firms that already have a thoughtful competitive strategy in place, this program will provide an opportunity to go deeper and incorporate new insights into executing that strategy.
This program will:
- Provide a live case example of a family firm with a powerful competitive strategy
- Differentiate strategic thinking from strategic planning
- Emphasize the importance of organizational culture in executing strategy
- Identify ways strategy in a family enterprise differs from strategy in a non-family firm
- Outline a simple method to incorporate strategic thinking into an effective strategic plan
Who should attend:
The Forum will be helpful for family firms of all sizes and stages of growth. Participants will find it useful to bring multiple family members and non-family executives working in the business, as well as family members who do not work in the business but who have, or someday will have, ownership. Family members from more than one generation are encouraged to attend. Board members of family firms also will find this program helpful.
New Participant Session: Thursday, October 14, 3:30-5:00
For participants coming to the Forum for the first time, this session will provide foundational introductory material that will ensure a better experience at the Forum on Friday.
Pre-Forum Reception: Thursday, October 14, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
7th Annual Family Business Forum: Friday, October 15, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Highlights of this year’s forum include:
- Facilitation provided by Dr. Stephen P. Miller and Cooper Biersach, Co-Founders of the Family Enterprise Center
- Exercises designed to help participants engage in strategic thinking and lead to actionable next steps
- Group discussion with similarly-situated families
- Pre-meeting preparation materials
- Luncheon designed to promote one-on-one discussion with other families
- Informal gathering the night prior to the event
- Optional: New participant session on Thursday with foundational material
- Executive classroom meeting space at UNC Kenan-Flagler’s Rizzo Conference Center
Forum Cost: (includes continental breakfast, lunch, cocktail reception the night before the meeting, and meeting materials)
$1,000 per person
$2,500 per family (up to 4 participants)
$500 each additional participant
$4,000 Two Event Bundle pricing includes 4 participants in 7th Annual Family Business Forum and Creating Your Family Business Succession Roadmap Open Enrollment Course.
For more information, contact Paige Beesley.