- Family Business Club events
- Next Generation Leadership Roundtables (Select Wednesdays from January through April, 12:30-1:45 p.m)
Contact Cooper Biersach for more information.
Next Generation Leadership Blog
The Next Generation Leadership Blog chronicles important FEC events and records leadership lessons shared by our speakers.
Here are a few highlights from our blog:
- Family business leaders benefit from peer groups – Cooper Biersach shares how the launch of our Alumni Roundtable helps to develop next generation leaders
- The Impact of the Family Enterprise Center – Laura Quinn, UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA ‘14, shares the impact that the Family Enterprise Center had on her two years at Kenan-Flagler
- Values-Based Leadership Transforms Company Culture of Family Business – Charles Luck IV, President and CEO of the Luck Companies in Richmond, Virginia, shares how creating a values-based leadership program transformed his company’s culture
- Student Uses Family Business Coursework to Initiate a Family Meeting – Alison Wilson, UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA 2013, discusses how a speaker in the family business class inspired both a term paper and a first-time family meeting for her family’s business.
- An Innovative Solution for Hesitant Next-Gen Leaders – Ted Wentz, UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA 2008, shared the experience of founding his own entrepreneurial venture, Firecraft, within his family’s enterprise.
The following Next Generation Leadership Webinars are available for playback:
Considerations for the Next Generation of Family Business: Motivations, Best Practices and Process During Succession with Thiago Penido, MBA ’09, The Serveng Group in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Entrepreneurship in the Next Generation with Ted Wentz, MBA ‘08, Quadratec and FireCraft, in Pennsylvania, USA.
Prospective students can find answers to frequently asked questions on the Prospective Students page.
Kevin Rice, Rice Family LLC, Tulsa, OK counsels incoming students to take advantage of the resources available to at the Family Enterprise Center.